Thursday, February 14, 2013

DIY: cassette tape shrines

Shrines have a reputation to be a way for fangirls to cry over Justin Bieber or the Backstreet Boys. I've always wanted to make my shrine portable so I could, you know, carry around my creepiness where ever I go! So here's how I did it: 



WHAT YOU NEED:
1. A cassette tape case
2. A subject (I chose the almighty Morrissey)
3. Junk (religious objects are always the best)
4. Hot glue gun
5. Sticker letters
6. Candles 


HOW TO:
Start off by printing multiple pictures of your subject and gluing them on to a piece of colored construction paper. Get creative! I glued Morrissey's head to a religious card from church camp years ago. Try and cover as much surface space as possible. Make sure the case can close after you deck it out so you can carry it around! Cover it with shiny things or mini objects that relate to your subject. Finally you've finished! Now find a suitable place for you shrine and light some candles around it. There you have it boys and girls, a portable shrine! Get ready to outwardly show your  inner fangirl!



Xxx,
Kit


No comments:

Post a Comment