Sunday, February 17, 2013

The Best Girl Power Movies of All Time

1. Whip It

I was waiting for a Devo documentary, but this will do. The all (girl) powerful Drew Barrymore was behind this so you know it's good! Intimidating yet lovable women on roller skates! Who's in?








2. The Parent Trap

Lets be honest here, we all love this movie! I secretly wish I could go to Camp Walden and meet my long lost sister and have a handshake like Annie and Hallie's! But alas, after much google searching, no such camp exists! A girl can dream. 





3. The Princess Diaries

This movie tells my story. I never understood what Mia saw in Josh Bryant or why she didn't want to be a princess (clearly every girls dream). Up until 4th grade I thought Gevovia was a real country and I still haven't tried pizza with M&Ms. 





4. Spice World

When the Spice Girls decided they couldn't get any radder they made a movie. Posh got posh-er and Scary got Scarier! It's THAT good! These girls ruled the 90s! Why can't I pull off platform shoes like Baby Spice??





5. Juno

Also known as the greatest teen pregnancy movie in the galaxy. Paulie Bleeker is so boss, he is the cheese to my macaroni! Michael Cera's voice speaks to your inner soul and they have a casual conversation about orange tic-tacs. 





6. She's the Man

It's got young Channing Tatum and old Amanda Bynes. Viola eating chicken is pretty much the best scene in this movie (I always chew like I have a secret), besides when Duke screams at the sight of a spider. And they all have exotic names...






7. Sixteen Candles 

I sometimes cry because Jake Ryan isn't real. Molly Ringwald was a goddess in the 1980s and she makes every girl wish she was her because of her killer sense of style and the boys she falls in love with. John Hughes never made a bad film! Long Duk Dong 4ever!





8. The Cheetah Girls

Well, they're sisters even though their spots are different colors. They even have a song called 'Girl Power' that they sing for the famous music producer Jackal Johnson, but he wants them to lip sync. The Cheetahs face tough decisions. Toto gets stuck in a pothole. This makes New York news for some reason. They fight but make up in song and then these sexy firemen start breakdancing. The end. Can I just say this is the greatest movie of all time?




No comments:

Post a Comment